In this unit, you will be introduced to the fundamentals of spreadsheet modelling: using spreadsheets to handle, analyse and make use of numerical data.
- Develop ICT-based models and test predictions by changing variables and rules.
- Create and modify ICT models to improve their accuracy and extend their scope.
- Explore and interpret collected data to draw conclusions.
- Represent data graphically through formatting tools and charts.
We are teaching this unit using blended learning. You will be taught in lessons in class just as you always have, but you will also be given to extra resources to use out of school to help you learn the content effectively and prepare yourself for the assessment at the end of the unit.
If you have any questions about this or any other aspect of this unit, email your class teacher.
Lesson 1: Making a markbook
Lesson 2: Google Trends
Lesson 3: Olympic medals
Lesson 4: Assessment
All content from this unit is summarised in the knowledge organiser. The version below includes links to further learning resources, and is available as a PDF.
Download PDF (164kb)
At the end of this unit, your knowledge and understanding will be assessed by completing an online test. Key features:
- The test should take approximately 15 minutes, but you can take up to 40 minutes if you need to.
- The questions will focus only on content covered in the knowledge organiser.
Your score from the test (70%) will be combined with your progress in each of the three lessons (10% each) to make your final result.
Learn the vocabulary from this unit using the flashcard deck below, or explore the set on Quizlet.